K1 Visa – Some Basic Points
K1 Visa is for the American citizens who intend to bring their engaged foreign partners (fiancé or fiancée) to the country. Many call this as the fiancé visa because of the practical purpose for which it is used. This visa system came into existence in the year 1970, and the base for the introduction was the Vietnam War. Some of the Vietnamese citizens who got interested in marrying the US soldiers had a terrible time in obtaining the legal papers for entering the US. They first had to get the exit visa from the Vietnamese government and then had to get the US immigrant visa from the American embassy. The entailed processes took a lot of time to fulfill the purpose. Thus the US authorities started to look for an alternative. Consequently, the Congress voted for the amendment of the Immigration and Nationality Act – 1952, and thus K1 visa was introduced. In this modern world, this method assumes a lot of significance, because many citizens are getting married to foreign ladies.
However, there are quite a few official stipulations. The couple must get married within ninety days of the arrival of the sponsored partner. If the couple does not comply with this stipulation, then, that will result in the cancellation of the visa. After the marriage, the individual concerned can straightaway submit an application for getting a ‘Green Card’, which is the permanent residence permit. This feature makes K1 visa all the more tempting. The official grade of this visa is non-immigrant; nevertheless, it has certain significant immigration benefits. The processing of this genre visa is usually performed by the immigrant visa departments of the embassies and consulates of the USA globally, because of this practical significance. The process of obtaining K1 is a bit complex and needs keen attention while preparing the documents and submitting the same. Because of the involved intricacies, it is advisable to seek the assistance of a professional immigration company for applying for this visa.
K1 Visa – Everything You Need to Know
• The marriage must be genuine. In other words, the filing of the document for K1 must not be for the simple purpose of getting an entry visa to the USA. In case any fraud is detected, the visa will become invalid.
• The applicant will have to file the Form 1-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé (e), duly filled. Filing this document is the primary step for getting this visa.
• One condition is that only American citizens can sponsor the K1 visa. This practically means that the other permanent residents (the Green Card holders) are not entitled to apply for this visa.
• Another condition stipulates that the foreign fiancé will have to enter the country within 4 months from the approval date of the visa.
• There is also another condition regarding the marriage between the sponsored individual and the sponsor. According to this, the marriage must take place within 3 months of arrival. If not, then that will lead to cancellation of the visa.
• In addition, if the individuals concerned decide against getting married, the visa will be quashed. In such a situation, the sponsored fiancé will have to leave the country straight away.
• If the marriage has already taken place, one cannot apply for the K1 visa.
• In the same way, if the couple plans to marry outside the country, this visa is not applicable.
• In addition, if the fiancé is already a legal resident of the USA, the couple is not entitled to apply for this visa.
Pick a Professional Visa Service Provider
Professional help will reduce the intensity of the effort required for applying for the visa. Individual efforts will often lead to time-delay, which will make conditions miserable for the partners. However, one must not approach an amateur company, as it may cause time-delay and also, unnecessary wastage of money. Make sure that the agency with whom you plan to have a tie-up is well experienced and reliable. Practically, this will be of much help to the individuals who need K1 immediately.
- Things to Do in Barcelona on Your First Day There As the capital of Catalonia in Spain, Barcelona has no shortage of imaginative buildings, stirring...
- A Travel Guide to Barcelona for Budget Travelers Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain, and is one of the biggest travel...
- Top 10 Tips You Must Know Before Arriving at a Campsite Camping is a great way to get back in touch with nature. Camping holidays are...
- Camping Holidays – Essential Hints and Tips! Whether you are looking for an adventurous outdoor trip or an excursion with your family...